AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - Drivers in Amarillo should stay aware of lane closures throughout the week.
- Various lane closures along a 5-mile stretch of I-40, from Washington Street to Loop 335 (Soncy Road) will allow crews to safely make pavement repairs and place a new road surface.
- Various daytime lane closures are planned this week along the eastbound I-40 frontage roads at Bell Street for paving. One eastbound lane will remain open to traffic.
- Work to the concrete islands at the Bell Street/Loop 335 intersection will require various single-lane closures.
- On Amarillo Boulevard, there will be various lane closures from Taylor Street to Buchannan Street as work on ADA-compliant ramps continues.
- Various lane closures in both directions at I-27 and Bell Street, for removal of trees, are planned.
- Routine road maintenance along Amarillo Boulevard, between Hughes and Western Streets, will require various lane closures in both directions.
Make sure to always look out for workers and equipment when in work zones.