AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - Both interstates in Amarillo could have some closures affecting travelers throughout the week.
From the Texas Department of Transportation:
- Weather permitting, expect nightly striping operations Monday through Friday, Aug. 6 – 10, in the following locations starting around midnight:
- Interstate 27 main lanes from 11th Avenue to Western Street in both directions.
- Interstate 40 frontage roads from Coulter Street to Whitaker Road in both directions.
- On Monday, Aug. 6 beginning at 7 p.m., I-40 will be reduced to two lanes in both directions at Bell Street while crews continue to paint the bridge.
- At I-40 and Bell Street, expect various lane closures, particularly on the eastbound frontage road, for paving.
- Starting Monday, Aug. 6, watch for mowers along I-27 and I-40. Drivers are urged to give the mowers the room needed to perform their work in a safe manner.
- Various lanes will be closed in both directions along I-40 for patching repairs from Tuesday through Saturday, Aug. 7 – 11.
- Expect various lane closures in both directions along the I-27 frontage roads for vegetation management and storm drain maintenance.
- There will be various lane closures along the I-40 frontage roads for erosion control around the areas of Coulter Road, Eastern Street, and Whitaker Road.
- On I-40 eastbound from Eastern Street to the I-40/US 287 split and westbound from the split to Pullman Road, expect additional lane closures from 7 p.m. Monday, Aug. 6 to 7 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 7. There will be some impact to the traveling public, but all exit and entrance ramps will remain open.
- Throughout the week, watch for various lane closures on Amarillo Boulevard between Taylor and Buchanan streets as crews work on ADA compliant ramps and sidewalks.
- Expect various lane closures throughout the week on State Loop 335 (Hollywood Road) between Bell Street and I-27.
Use caution when driving through work zones. Keep an eye out for workers and equipment along the roads.