Painter hospitalized after house fire

Painter hospitalized after house fire

AMARILLO, TX - A blaze in southeast Amarillo sent one person to the hospital Saturday.

Officials say the fire started Saturday afternoon in a house that is under construction on Continental Parkway.

Firefighters say painters were applying a primer to cabinets in a large master closet when the fire sparked.

Investigators believe it was the combination of a lack of ventilation and combustible vapors that caused the fire.

One worker suffered second degree burns and was transported to Northwest Texas Hospital.

Officials estimate the fire caused $5,000 worth of damage.