School and business closings and delays for Friday
AMARILLO, Texas (KFDA) - Winter weather in our area has caused some delays and closures.
View current school closings and delays here.
Business closings and changes:
- West Texas A&M University and Harrington Academic Hall WTAMU Amarillo Center will be closed through the entire week: Wednesday, February 17; Thursday, February 18; and Friday, February 19.
- Palo Duro Canyon State Park will remain closed until Monday, February 22nd. We will be working hard over the weekend to ensure all our infrastructure is ready for public use after the recent winter conditions. This temporary closure will also allow our highly saturated trails time to dry before foot and bike traffic return.
- Polk St. Child Development Center will be closed Thursday & Friday, February 18th & 19th.
- Due to the extreme weather conditions and utility shortages and outages, Legal Aid offices in Amarillo will be closed Thursday 2/18 and Friday 2/19. Our Legal Aid Line will continue to accept calls for applications for services at 1-888-529-5277 Thursday, 2/18, 9AM – 6PM, Friday, 2/19, 9AM – 4PM and Saturday, 2/20, 10AM – 2PM.
- Downtown Women’s Center’s Main office and all three of our thrift stores (Thrift City, Thrift City Too and Uptown Shoppe) will be closed on Thursday, February 18 and Friday, February 19.
- Amarillo Wesley Community Center will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- Imagination Station, Sunshine Child Care (Canyon) and Sunshine Valley Child Care Center (River Road) will be closed until Monday.
- Friendship Ranch childcare in Canyon closed through Monday.
- Amarillo Montessori Day School will be closed until February 22.
- P.E.T.S. Clinic of Amarillo has no water and will be closed until Monday. The Saturday clinic has been rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 27.
- Pantex swing shift operations are canceled for all nonessential personnel February 19 due to the continued need to reduce energy consumption. As always personnel may check the operational status at Pantex by calling 806-477-3000 (then press 1) to hear the recorded announcement.
- All Goodwill Industries of Northwest Texas locations in Lubbock, Wolfforth, Amarillo and Plainview will open late at 10 a.m., Friday, Feb. 19.
Medical office closings:
- Due to extreme weather conditions, the Amarillo VA Health Care System is changing all face-to-face health appointments to a telephone or virtual appointment from Feb. 17 – Feb. 19. This impacts all our campuses to include the Thomas E. Creek VA Medical Center in Amarillo, and our outpatient care clinics in Childress, Clovis, Dalhart and Lubbock. Veterans with emergent health needs may still access the Thomas E. Creek VA’s Emergency Department or go to the nearest emergency room.
If your business or event is impacted by the winter weather, please email us at email@example.com.
Monitor current weather conditions here.
Copyright 2021 KFDA. All rights reserved.