AMARILLO, Texas (KFDA) - One person has died after a fire at the Wellington Manor Apartments in Amarillo Monday.
Around 4:22 p.m., the Amarillo Fire Department responded to a fire at the apartments.
Crews arrived to find a moderate amount of smoke coming from an apartment. Crews entered the apartment and found a fire in the kitchen.
One person was located inside the apartment and was removed through a bedroom window. Emergency personnel initiated CPR and transported the patient to NWTH in critical condition.
Life-saving efforts were not successful and that patient died at the hospital.
Officials have not released the name of the victim at this time.
The Amarillo Fire Marshal’s Office says the cause of the fire was listed as “accidental cooking.”