Shamrock Community Center burns down, considered a total loss
SHAMROCK, Texas (KFDA) - The Shamrock Community Center caught on fire early Wednesday morning and is burning down.
Officials with the Shamrock Fire Department said the community center caught on fire about 12:51 a.m. this morning.
The building, which is used for many events, is considered a total loss.
With one month away from the 74th Annual St. Patrick’s Celebration, The Kick-Off Banquet and The Big Dance were scheduled to be held at the community center on March 13 and March 14 to start off the celebration.
The celebration is designated as the official St. Patrick’s Day Celebration in Texas.
Fire crews are working the fire, which is expected to burn until later today.
The St. Patrick’s Association is holding an emergency meeting this afternoon at 3:00 p.m.
Details are limited, but we will bring you more details as information is made available.
Copyright 2020 KFDA. All rights reserved.