AMARILLO, Texas (KFDA) - The winter weather in the area is impacting schools and businesses.
Some schools in the area are changing release or start times or closing due to the weather. You can view those on our school closings page here.
All Amarillo ISD activities scheduled for Thursday evening are cancelled. Schools will dismiss at their usual times, but buses will be arriving at schools a little early to get students home in a timely manner. AISD Extended School day programs will operate on their regular schedule Thursday.
Due to the amount of snow on the field, AISD crews cannot get the field ready for Thursday evening’s game. The Amarillo High versus Caprock High varsity football game has been rescheduled for Friday at 3:00 p.m. at Dick Bivins.
Some businesses in the area are closing or cancelling events due to the weather.
- The Annual Amarillo Chamber of Commerce Banquet has been cancelled Thursday evening.
- Borger’s Golden Spread Community Hospital Diabetic Support Group meeting on Friday is cancelled.
- Plainview Serenity - Amarillo Outpatient is closing on Thursday. The group has been rescheduled for Saturday, October 26 from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Cub Scout Pack 54 at the American Legion has been cancelled for Thursday’s meeting.
- All Cheer Texas classes are cancelled Thursday.
- Education Credit Union will be closing our Canyon and Bushland branches Thursday at 3:30 p.m. All other Education Credit Union Locations will be closing at 4:30 p.m.
- The Pantex Bowling League at Western Bowl is cancelled for Thursday evening.
- The Comptroller’s Sales Tax Workshop is cancelled for Thursday evening. The event is rescheduled for November 12 from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- The VA Town Hall in Clovis has Thursday evening has been cancelled and rescheduled for November 7 at 5:30 p.m. at Clovis Community College.
- The North Heights Association Monthly meeting normally held on the fourth Thursday of every month has been cancelled due to the weather.
- Amarillo Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse outpatient groups are cancelled for Thursday evening.
- The Catholic Charities Board Meeting is cancelled for Thursday evening.
- DPS offices including driver license offices will delay opening Friday until 10:00 a.m. in the following counties: Armstrong, Briscoe, Carson, Castro, Deaf Smith, Donley, Gray, Hansford, Hartley, Hemphill, Hutchinson, Lipscomb, Ochiltree, Oldham, Parmer, Potter, Randall, Roberts, Swisher and Wheeler.
- The Welcome Pardner October Breakfast on Friday morning has been cancelled.
- Family Support Services will close the main office at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday. The FSS Safe House and 24 Hour Crisis Hotline (806-374-5433) will remain open.
- Medical Center League House “Dinner in the Garden” Fundraiser canceled, rescheduled for November 7.
- Hillside Family Health Clinic will be closed on Friday, October 25 due to the weather.
- Potter County Early Voting locations will open at 10:00 a.m. on Friday morning.
- At Cannon Air Force Base, Per order of 27 SOW/CV, all 27 SOW non-mission essential personnel are authorized up to a two hour delay in reporting for duty on Friday, October 25 due to inclement weather. Mission essential personnel will report as normal.
- The Panhandle Academy of General Dentistry meeting for Friday morning has been cancelled as the speaker’s flight was cancelled.
If you would like your school, business or event added to this list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay updated with the latest information on the winter weather with our First Alert Weather Team here.
Get weather coverage all winter long on the NewsChannel 10 app. You can download that here.
You can also watch NewsChannel 10 live on Roku and Amazon Fire 24/7.
Do you have pictures or video of the snow? Upload them here to be featured on our website and in our apps: