DUMAS, TX (KFDA) - Seven students from Dumas High School placed in the top 20 of a nationwide welding competition this weekend.
The Tulsa Welding School and Technology Center hosted more than 350 high school seniors in Houston for a welding competition.
Seven students from Dumas High beat out hundreds, making them the school with the most wins in the country.
Students who placed from Dumas High:
- Christian Town - 8th place
- Adrian Rodriguez - 9th place
- Marcos Zubia - 10th place
- Cesar Rodriguez - 11th place
- Maria Esparza - 14th place, the only female in the top 20
- Luis Ramos - 15th place
- Logan Nevarez - 19th place