Northeast Amarillo house fire - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

Northeast Amarillo house fire

A hot water heater is to blame for a fire that caused $60,000 worth of damage to a home in Northeast Amarillo.

The Amarillo Fire Department says a pile of clothing near the heater ignited in the bathroom of the home at 705 North Arthur just before 8pm Monday.

The flames then spread through the attic, causing heavy fire damage.

A woman inside the home escaped the blaze safely.

Powered by Frankly