Mattress Fire Burns Trailer Home - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

Mattress Fire Burns Trailer Home

An Amarillo family extinguished a fire on their own, but it re-ignites leaving them homeless.

The Amarillo Fire Department says the family hosed down a mattress at their home on South Roberts Avenue. The family put the mattress out on their front porch. Fire crews say once the mattress was put outside, it continued to burn, igniting the front porch, and then the rest of the trailer.

The family was treated on scene, but several pets inside the home died in the blaze.

Powered by Frankly