John Deere Wind Energy is committed to assisting in providing resources in our community to help further the education of Panhandle Students. John Deere Wind Energy has supplied $5,000 in scholarships for The Power of Knowledge program. To be considered, students must meet the following criteria.
1. Be a High School Senior in the KFDA viewing area in the graduating class of 2009.
2. Attend a Higher Education Facility in the KFDA Vieweing area with degree plans in Engineering: Wind or Renewables related. (WTA&MU, Amarillo College, Eastern NM University, Clarendon Community College, Mesaland Community College, Clovis Community College)
3. Graduating High School grade average must be 80 or higher.
4. Gollege GPA must be 2.8 or higher at the end of the first college semester.
5. Student must maintain Fulltime Student qualifications.(12+ hours per semester completed)
John Deere Wind Energy will give a total of $5,000 in scholarships to be awarded as follows.
2 Students will receive an award of $2,500 for 1 school year beginning Fall 2009. Scholarships will be paid in the amount of $1,250 for Fall '09 and $1,250 for Spring 2010 provided the student maintains scholarship requirements.
CLICK HERE to download the Scholarship Application.