Fire in the 800 Block of South Georgia St., Amarillo

Arching and dropping power lines started a fire in the 800 Block of S. Georgia St. in Amarillo that closed part of the street Sunday night.

Firefighters say the lines dropped molten material against the wall of a garage at Calvin's Cars.

That burned through the siding and spread up the entire height of both walls.

Because of heavy smoke, firefighters shut down a lane of the street.

In addition to the garage, the fire damaged two cars parked outside, but firefighters kept it from moving to any other buildings.

It did around $65,000 in damage.