Emergency crews extinguished a fire in Straight, Oklahoma near Guymon. The Guymon Fire Department tells NewsChannel 10 flames reached as high as 15 feet.
The fire originated on a dump tank at the DCP Midstream natural gas compressor station. The investigation is still ongoing but investigators preliminarily believe stativ electricity sparked the tank's exhaust valve.
Minor damage and no injuries were reported. The Straight school was evacuated as a precaution. Officials tell us all students have successfully been taken from the school to a nearby residence without injury. Guymon fire officials tell us the school is within a quarter of a mile from the natural gas station.