Chase Building Evacuated

A twelfth floor water leak and an electrical burning odor are the causes of Monday afternoon's Chase Building evacuation in Downtown Amarillo.

The Amarillo Fire Department says the leak dripped to the seventh floor, where it short circuited the electric system, cutting off power to the entire building. Fire fighters were called in to make sure the odor wasn't coming from a fire within the walls.

After examining the scene, officials didn't find any safety threats. The building should be back open on Tuesday around 12 Noon.