One local boy is being called a hero by his mother after rescuing his family from a house fire Saturday.
5 year old Gabriel Medina had practiced what to do in case of a fire, and saturday he put his practice into play.
It was around 9:30 saturday morning when Gabriel noticed that the candle his mom placed in a room in the back of the house started a fire.
That's when he alerted his mother, then grabbed his 3 and 4 year old brothers out of the house and went to a neighbor's home, who called 9-1-1.
Gabriel's mother says she can't imagine what would of happened if her son hadn't taken action. "I don't know, I'm kinda not wanting to think about what would of happen. Just kind of focusing of what did happen and the fact that he was very brave."