Goal of "Viewer Opinion" on Newschannel10.com:
Our goal is to provide a simple way for our viewers and users to express their opinions and get feedback from our viewers on important community issues. We care about our community and this is one way for us to listen and share information. We anticipate people to differ and to disagree - opinion is subjective and we encourage freedom of speech and the exchange of ideas. But, by using this area, we encourage a respectful exchange of comments. Therefore, we reserve the right to remove any content at any time based on our committee's discretion.
> Updates every Wednesday.
> KFDA, KZBZ and KTMO review committee will read all submissions and post 3-5 viewer articles per week.
> How do you submit an article?
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mail: KFDA - NewsChannel 10
Attn: Viewer Opinion
PO Box 10
Amarillo, TX 79105
What can you submit?
- We prefer letters of 300 words or less. Direct Rebuttals to previous opinion articles need to stay below 300 words. Letters are subject to editing and become property of KFDA - NewsChannel 10 upon submission. We do not consider mass opinion letters that are submitted to other websites or publications.
- Our Committee will not accept or publish letters that:
- use vulgar, profane, abusive or hateful language, epithets or slurs, text or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature, or expressions of bigotry, racism, discrimination or hate.
- use defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, inaccurate or unfair statements, contain gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violate the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community, contains any actionable statement, or tends to mislead or reflect unfairly on any other person, business or entity.
- discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or refer to such matters in any manner prohibited by law.
- violate any municipal, provincial or federal law, rule, regulation or ordinance, or attempt to encourage such an evasion or violation.
- unfairly interfere with any third party's uninterrupted use.
- advertise, promotes or offers to trade any goods or services, except in areas specifically designated for such purpose.
- use copyrighted or other proprietary material of any kind without the express permission of the owner of that material.
- Letters must be original and connot be copied and pasted from other sites without written permission.
- Show Courtesy to other writers.
What you must submit. (If we do not have complete information your opinions will not be posted)
- Full Name (First and Last)
- Full Address (Street number and name; Town; State; and Zipcode)
- Phone Number where you may be reached if needed
- email address for follow-up
What to expect.
- Your article will be considered for publishing upon receipt.
- We will verify submissions before publishing to the best of our abilities.