How to Treat a Snake Bite

Experts estimate 8 thousand people are bitten every year by a snake.

Here are some of the signs you may have been bitten by a poisonous snake: weakness, dizziness, fever, and increased thirst are all signs poison has been injected into your system.

These are the steps you can take to treat the bite.

Seek medical attention, clean the wound with soap and water and try to keep the area of the bite level with your heart.

For more tips log on to or call the poison control center at 1-800-764-7661