The city is campaigning for folks to take active steps to conserve water now and save the lake.
Here's what you can do:
Indoors: Steps you should take to conserve water
- Turn off the water while you brush your teeth or shave.
- Water plants with leftover dish or bath water.
- Fix leaky faucets and pipes.
- Install water-efficient devices in the bathroom and kitchen.
- If you see a leaky plumbing fixture, notify the manager to please have
- Use the sink garbage disposal sparingly or start a compost pile.
- Always keep water conservation in mind and find ways to save in the
kitchen. Small saving add up in time.
- Take a shower instead of filling the tub and taking a bath. Showers
with low-flow showerheads usually use less water than tub baths.
- If you do take baths, try reducing the level of the water being used in
a bathtub by one or two inches.
Outdoors: Steps you should take to conserve water