Warrant Round Up Money - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

03.08.07

Warrant Round Up Money

Millions of dollars coming in, thousands of warrants cleared.
   The statewide warrant round up is proving to be successful so far and we continue to update you on its progress.
   Locally, nearly $8,000 has been collected. 
   In Amarillo, more than 2,200 warrants totalling more than $620,000 have been cleared.
  Close to 600 warrants in Randall County have also been taken care of, which adds up to more than $138,000 dollars.
   Now, if you have not taken care of your outstanding warrant, you need to do so immediately.
   Police are continuing to arrest those who have not. With all that money coming in to Randall County and the City of Amarillo, we wanted to find out where it's going. 
  NewsChannel 10's Felicia Lafuente has the answer.
   Only a portion of the money collected from the warrant round up goes to each department, but what they do get helps out with their funding. 
 "About 30-35% locally and the rest sent down to the state," says Dean Stanzione, Director of Judicial Enforcement for Randall County.
   "Right now the way it stands on the average 35% of whatever we collect goes to the state of Texas and the other 65% go to the City of Amarillo," says Victoria Medley, Municipal Courts Clerk for the City of Amarillo.
  The money collected then goes to their general fund, which can help with a variety of things in those departments.
   "Ones that are mainly retained locally the records management security, court house security fees, the processing fees for the sheriff's office that goes to them for processing, issuing the warrants and fines and court appointed attorney fees that are accessed," says Stanzione.   "You know there's an awful a lot of manpower from a clerk having to get it ready to a police officer having to sign it, a judge having to sign it, then getting it out to get served so it all gets back to the city coffers," says Medley.
   And they say the warrant round up is helping them out this year to collect money they may have never seen.
   "It serves the public, it serves obviously the court in that we don't have to keep focusing on all these old warrants and then the public does not have to worry about it outstanding," says Medley.
   Both departments added any funding they can get helps out the departments especially with their budgets.

  • Today's Local News HeadlinesToday's Local NewsMore>>

  • Clovis-Carver Library now has WWII Japanese American internment exhibit

    Clovis-Carver Library now has WWII Japanese American internment exhibit

    KFDAKFDA

    The Clovis-Carver Public Library now has an exhibit that shows the history of Japanese American Internment camps in New Mexico during World War II (WWII).  

    The Clovis-Carver Public Library now has an exhibit that shows the history of Japanese American Internment camps in New Mexico during World War II (WWII).  

  • Warford Activity Center renovations underway

    Warford Activity Center renovations underway

    Tuesday, March 28 2017 11:40 PM EDT2017-03-29 03:40:12 GMT
    Source: KFDASource: KFDA

    Amarillo's former North Branch YMCA is closer to opening as the Charles E. Warford Activities Center. Now that the facility is free of asbestos, construction and renovations are set to begin soon. First up is the indoor swimming pool. Tuesday evening the Amarillo City Council approved a $488,031 contract to renovate the pool at the center. "The pool was built in the 1960s, so we're dealing with a pool that had cast iron drain lines...

    Amarillo's former North Branch YMCA is closer to opening as the Charles E. Warford Activities Center. Now that the facility is free of asbestos, construction and renovations are set to begin soon. First up is the indoor swimming pool. Tuesday evening the Amarillo City Council approved a $488,031 contract to renovate the pool at the center. "The pool was built in the 1960s, so we're dealing with a pool that had cast iron drain lines...

  • United Way announces 2017 funding allocations

    United Way announces 2017 funding allocations

    Tuesday, March 28 2017 9:52 PM EDT2017-03-29 01:52:43 GMT
    Source: United Way of Amarillo & CanyonSource: United Way of Amarillo & Canyon

    United Way of Amarillo and Canyon announced the 26 programs that will benefit from the $1.6 million raised during the 2016 annual campaign.

    United Way of Amarillo and Canyon announced the 26 programs that will benefit from the $1.6 million raised during the 2016 annual campaign.

Powered by Frankly