POSITION: FITNESS SPECIALIST
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: GENERAL MANAGER
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
- 1. Participates in all daily operations related to membership management and facility management. Includes, but is not limited to clerical activities, housekeeping activities, pool maintenance, laundry, sales and tours, business office activities, food service, point of sale activity and facility monitoring.
- 2. Maintains order and organization of facility's operations, programs and processes.
- 3. Ensures fitness programs integrate with facility's functions and processes.
- 4. Identifies problems and works to resolve problems in a timely fashion. Communicates these problems in a timely fashion.
- 5. Communicates effectively and accurately with all supervisors, peers, membership population, fellow employees and the public.
- 6. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all supervisors, peers and fellow employees, the membership population and the public.
- 7. Supports the organizational operation, goals, plans and objectives.
- 8. Actively participates in comprehensive training of other housekeeping staff.
- 9. Ensures overall quality outcome of facility's housekeeping operations.
- 10. Demonstrates strong customer service skills at all times.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED equivalent, but college credits preferred.
PHYSICAL/SPECIAL DEMANDS :
- 1. Must bend, stoop, twist, turn, climb stairs, stand for 2 hours, lift 70 lbs., move 315 lbs. with assistance, and reach up to 7 feet.
- 1. Must be able to walk and stand 33-66% of an 8-hour workday.
- 1. Must be able to tolerate and demonstrate safe body mechanics including kneeling, stooping, crawling and twisting positions 33-66% of an 8-hour workday.
- 1. Must exhibit good organizational, numerical, alphabetical, reading, and writing skills. Must possess good social skills and poise. Must display good follow-through skills.
- 1. Must be able to problem solve and respond quickly and calmly in stressful situations.
- 1. Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- 1. Must be able to hear to respond to telephone, overhead intercom, employee and customer inquiries and in turn verbally communicate effectively with employees and customers.
- 1. Visual acuity required to read reports, and for the monitoring of members and for operations of equipment.
1. Cognitive skills required for reasoned interpretation of assessment and in all program needs along with good coordination and fine motor skills in grasping, adjusting controls and typing on computers.
- 3. Ability to ascend/descend 22 steps up to 10 times daily.
- 4. Possible exposure to clients with infectious conditions.
5. Individual must be able to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information related to membership situations.