POSITION: WELLNESS COACH / FITNESS SPECIALIST
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: GENERAL MANAGER
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
1. Participates in all daily operations relating to fitness programming and membership management. Emphasis includes group exercise programs, nutritional programs, sports activity/conditioning programs, youth programs, aquatic programs, fitness assessments, exercise programming, wellness programs, and personal training.
2. Maintains order and organization of facility's programs, functions, and processes.
3. Ensure fitness programs integrate with facility's functions and processes.
4. Identifies system dysfunctions and works to resolve dysfunctions in a timely fashion. Communicates these dysfunctions in a timely fashion.
5. Communicates effectively, accurately and systematically with all supervisors, peers, fellow employees, the membership population, and the public.
6. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all supervisors, peers, fellow employees, the membership population, and the public. Promote teamwork and cooperative effort. Provide customers with the highest quality products and service.
7. Actively participates in the development of new and current fitness programs. Supports the organizational operation, goals, plans, and objectives.
8. Actively participates in comprehensive training of all staff.
9. Performs support activities that relate to facility's programs, functions, and processes.
10. Ensures overall Quality Outcome of facility's programs, functions, and processes. Maintain a safe work environment, safe work habits. Follow all Amarillo Town Club and Baptist Community Services safety policies.
11. Demonstrates strong customer service skills at all times.
Education: College education preferred and a nationally recognized certification in a discipline related to fitness is required.
Experience: Should have work experience in a related exercise science field. Fitness and or Wellness experience is preferred.
Physical / Special Demands:
1. Must bend, stoop, twist, turn, climb stairs, stand for 2 hours, lift 70 lbs., move 315 lbs. with assistance, and reach up to 7 feet.
2. Must be able to walk and stand 85% of an 8-hour workday.
3. Must be able to sit up to 33% of an 8-hour workday, tolerating from 30 minutes up to 1-hour sessions.
4. Must be able to tolerate and demonstrate safe body mechanics including kneeling, stooping, crawling and twisting positions 85% of an 8-hour workday.
5. Must exhibit good organizational, numerical, alphabetical, reading, and writing skills. Must possess good social skills and poise. Must display good follow-through skills.
6. Must be able to problem solve and respond quickly and calmly in stressful situations.
7. Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
8. Must be able to hear to respond to telephone, overhead intercom, employee and customer inquiries and in turn verbally communicate effectively with employees and customers.
9. Visual acuity required to read reports, and for the monitoring of members and for operations of equipment.
10. Cognitive skills required for reasoned interpretation of assessment and in all program needs along with good coordination and fine motor skills in grasping, adjusting controls and typing on computers.
11. Ability to ascend/descend 22 steps up to 10 times daily.
12. Possible exposure to clients with infectious conditions.