TITLE OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the housekeeping supervisor, collects, sorts, washes, dries and folds all laundry from throughout the facility. Ensures the sanitation of all soiled linen. Ensures proper operation of all laundry equipment.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB:
1. Maintain infection control in collecting, washing and sorting of linen.
2. Communicate with supervisor as needs of linens and washing materials.
3. Maintain daily inventories of linen and assuring proper levels of linen in storage utilities.
4. Follow proper procedures and schedules as required by supervisor.
5. Perform other related duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required; other duties may be performed as assigned.
EDUCATION: Must be able to read, speak and write English. Laundry experience preferred but not required.
1. Visual acuity to prepare and read reports.
2. Sit, walk and stand for 8 hours.
3. Classified as a medium job; lifting 75 lbs., occasionally; 50 lbs., frequently; 25 lbs., constantly, and push/pull up to 200 lbs.
4. Must be able to bend, stoop and reach floor level to six feet from the floor.
5. Will be able to move throughout the facility.
6. Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
7. Work with exposed heat and steam.