TITLE OF POSITION:
L.V.N. Charge Nurse
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Unit Manager
Director of Nurses
Nursing Home Administrator
Under the direction of the Director of Nurses, plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and evaluates the direct and indirect care of a designated group of elders, within the framework of BCS policies. Ensures compliance with all State and Federal regulatory requirements in providing optimal care for each client.
ESSENTIALS OF JOB:
1. Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and evaluates the direct and indirect care of a designated group of elders, which include: the evaluation of the clients needs consideration of the nurse practice act evaluation of the quality of services provided
2. Accurately assesses elders within three (3) hours of admission and at regularly established intervals.
3. Provides and/or supervises total nursing care as appropriate for condition of elder.
4. Teaches elder and family member as needed regarding care issues.
5. Develops collaborative relationship with interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive care.
6. Functions as an advocate for the elders.
7. Assists Care Plan Coordinator in the development of the MDS and comprehensive care plan.
8. Evaluates subordinates for merit appraisals, counseling subordinates as indicated.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required; other duties may be performed as assigned.
EDUCATION: That required for licensure in the State of Texas as a Licensed Vocational Nurse. Prior experience in a charge position. Must be able to read, speak and write English.
1. Visual acuity to prepare and read reports.
2. Walk and stand for 8-12 hours.
3. Classified as a heavy job; lifting 100 lbs. or more with assistance, occasionally; 50 lbs., frequently; 25 lbs., constantly.
4. Must be able to bend, stoop and reach floor level to six feet from the floor.
5. Will be able to move throughout the facility.
6. Must be able to push/pull up to 200 lbs.
7. Must be able to manipulate various size elders to and from sitting positions, elder participation in ambulation and transfers.
8. Aural acuity to respond to elders, staff and customers.
9. Legible handwriting for documentation.