Child Injured in House Fire - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

12.27.06

Child Injured in House Fire

An Amarillo child is recovering from burns to the neck and hands this afternoon after a house caught fire. 

It happened at this house in the 700 block of south Mississippi a little after 2:00 this morning.
   

Amarillo fire fighters say a space heater placed too close to a bed started the fire.
   

The house does have working smoke alarms.
    

Officials say the fire did about 15-thousand dollars in damages.

Powered by Frankly