Cigarette Starts House Fire - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

12.15.06

Cigarette Starts House Fire

A Cigarette dropped on a mattress ignited an early morning fire at a house at 411 North Mississippi according to the Amarillo Fire Department.

Firefighters say people in the house thought they had put out the cigarette, and went to sleep.

They awoke later when their mattress started to burn, and they got out of the house without any injuries.

Firefighters kept the major damage to the bedroom, but heat and smoke did do some damage to the rest of the house, around $20,000 in total.

 

Powered by Frankly