The Intensive Care RN works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team and is responsible for providing quality patient care to the following age groups: adult and geriatric. Provides knowledge and skills needed to provide care to the ICU/CCU patients. Leadership to promote team and primary care nursing in the daily functions of the facility. Assists in maintaining compliance with regulatory agencies within the unit and facility.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration/Competence: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current licensure by the Texas State Board of Nursing or temporary permit. Current BLS. PALS and ACLS to be obtained prior to staff member functioning as a charge nurse.
- Experience Preferred: Prefer 1 to 2 years' experience in critical care.
- Special Skills/Qualifications: Must have and maintain knowledge of current trends and techniques in critical care or demonstrate such technical nursing ability. Must be able to perform from basic through advanced nursing care procedures competently. Understands advanced nursing theory and practice. Ability to interpret hospital policy and procedures.
- Reports To: Director of Critical Care Services
- Supervises: 2-3
College level: Associate
- INSIDE: Spends approximately 100% or more of time inside. Inside work has good ventilation, comfortable temperature
Work Positions (defined in 10% increments of work time) Sitting: 20% Standing: 40% Walking: 40%
- MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs
- Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker) the weight of the average patient specific to the department
- On Call Work
- Perform Shift Work
Essential Job Functions:
- Assessment Skills
- Medication Administration
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Must be able to function in a high stress environment
Other Job Functions:
- Essential to be a cohesive team co-worker.
- A positive attitude towards patients and co-workers
- Customer Service
To Apply for this job visit the Pampa Regional Medical Center website by clicking here.