AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - Motorists around Amarillo have a few new lane closures to take note of this coming week.
- Overlay work continues on Interstate 40 westbound. Expect daily lane closures with some areas down to one lane. Please slow down as workers are present.
- On State Loop (SL) 335, the eastbound exit to Washington Street will be closed on Wednesday and Thursday, Sept. 12 and 13, for mill and fill operations.
- Beginning Thursday, Sept. 13, traffic on I-40 westbound will be shifted to the south half of I-40 at the Pullman Bridge, allowing bridge demolition work to begin on the north half of the bridge. The Pullman Road exit from I-40 westbound will close at this same time. These traffic pattern changes which will be in place for approximately the next seven months.
- On Interstate 27 northbound, the right lane will be closed at FM 2219 for patching repairs.
- Watch for various lane closures on Bell Street at I-40 for sidewalk and ADA ramp work.
- Expect various lane closures on Amarillo Boulevard as work on ADA ramps continues.
TxDOT asks motorists to stay aware of workers and equipment around the area.