AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - There are several lane closures and ongoing projects around the area that could impact your commute in the coming week.
From TxDOT Amarillo:
Lane closures related to routine maintenance work:
- On I-27 northbound, the right lane will be closed from Moss Lane to 26th Avenue for patching repairs.
- Various lanes of the I-27 frontage roads will be closed in both directions from Bell Street to 26th Avenue for patching repairs and fog seal operations.
Lane closures related to ongoing projects
- Watch for crews performing overlay work in various lanes on US 60 in both directions from the Carson County line to the Amarillo city limits.
- For the bridge projects on I-40 at Whitaker, Lakeside and Pullman, expect the following new lane closures:
- The left lane of I-40 eastbound will be closed from east of Lakeside Drive to the I-40/US 287 split. This lane closure will be in place for approximately a year. This lane closure is expected to have minimal impact on the traveling public.
- The center lane of I-40 eastbound will also be closed, but only from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday and Monday, June 10 and 11 from Lakeside Drive to the I-40/US 287 split. All ramps will remain open.
- Bell Street at SL 335 (Hollywood Road) will be reduced one lane in both directions at various times throughout the week.
- Various lanes will be closed on SL 335 (Soncy Road) at 45th Avenue on Tuesday, June 12 and on SL 335 at Amarillo Boulevard on Thursday, June 14 as old traffic signals are removed and new traffic signals are activated. Expect delays.
Always use care when traveling through work zones.