SW 15th house fire ruled accidental

SW 15th house fire ruled accidental
Source: KFDA
Source: KFDA
When fire crews entered the home, they found a significant amount of fire in the attic. Source: KFDA
When fire crews entered the home, they found a significant amount of fire in the attic. Source: KFDA

AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - The Amarillo Fire Marshall has ruled a house fire on 4213 SW 15th street as accidental.

The blaze sparked Wednesday afternoon while the family was out.

When fire crews entered the home, they found a significant amount of fire in the attic.

The fire was called under control at 6:45 p.m.

Get the latest Amarillo news straight to your phone! Apple | Android

No-one was injured in the fire but three dogs are confirmed dead.

Officials listed the cause as a malfunction of the old knob and tube wiring in the home.

Damages are estimated at 140,000 dollars.

The American Red Cross has been called in to assist the family.

Copyright 2018 KFDA. All rights reserved.