AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) -
Commuters should be aware of lane closures within the Amarillo area for the new work week.
Get the latest Amarillo news straight to your phone! Apple | Android
- When exiting Interstate 40 eastbound to Amarillo Boulevard, the right lane will be closed on Amarillo Boulevard from Monday morning and overnight into Tuesday for mill and fill operations.
- On Amarillo Boulevard, the eastbound right lane will be closed from State Loop 335 to Coulter Street on Tuesday for mill and fill operations. The eastbound Coulter Street exit will be closed for a short time while crews mill through it.
- The westbound exit to Bell Street from westbound Amarillo Boulevard will be closed for mill and fill operations. Motorists should follow the detour at 9th Avenue to proceed on Bell Street.
- Watch for mowers near and at the downtown I-40 and I-27 interchange. Please stay back and give crews plenty of room to do their work.
- Overlay work on US 60 from SL 335 to the Carson County line will continue and motorists can expect the following lane closures:
- On Monday, May 21, there will be various lane closures on US 60 eastbound from FM 1912 to the Carson County line.
- On Tuesday and Wednesday, May 22 and 23, there will be various lane closures on US 60 westbound from the Carson County line to FM 1912.
- For the bridge projects on Interstate 40 eastbound at Whitaker, Lakeside and Pullman Roads, there will be minimal impact to the traveling public with the following lane closures still in place:
- The I-40 eastbound frontage road will be reduced to one lane from 3/4 of a mile east of Eastern Street to the Whitaker Road exit ramp.
- The right lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road will be closed 3/4 of a mile east of Whitaker Road to the Lakeside Drive exit ramp.
- The right lane of I-40 eastbound is closed 1/4 of a mile east of Airport Boulevard to east of Pullman Road.
- Expect right lane closures from Amarillo Boulevard to 45th Avenue in both directions for traffic signal work and lane widening.
- Westbound I-40 traffic has been moved to the new westbound bridge over Soncy. Only one lane of traffic remains open on the I-40 westbound bridge over Soncy.
- Work related to SL 335 (Hollywood Road) and Bell Street on Tuesday, May 22:
- Starting at 9 a.m., traffic traveling southbound on Bell Street will be reduced to one lane.
- On SL 335, the westbound and eastbound frontage roads will be reduced to one lane at Bell Street.
- The eastbound to westbound turnaround at Bell Street will be closed at least until 3 p.m.
Copyright 2018 KFDA. All rights reserved.