AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - Crews will be conducting various road repairs throughout Amarillo this week.
A few road construction projects could cause you delays in your daily commute.
There will be daytime lane closures at the intersection of Taylor Street and Amarillo Boulevard as signal work continues.
One that is complete crews will move to down the street to Buchanan.
Various lanes of I-40 frontage roads from Georgia Street to Coulter will be closed both directions for strip seal operations.
- On Tuesday, May 15, traffic traveling I-40 westbound is expected to be moved to the new westbound bridge at Soncy Road. Only one lane will be open to traffic traveling westbound over the bridge. Expect delays in both directions as the traffic is being moved. Crews will begin moving the traffic barrier on Monday, May 14, to achieve this switch.
- Beginning Tuesday, May 15, expect moving lane closures on US 60 from SL 335 to the Carson County line in both directions as overlay work begins.
- Expect daytime lane closures at the intersection of Taylor Street and Amarillo Boulevard as signal work continues. Once work is completed at that intersection, the contractor will move east, finishing at the intersection of Buchanan Street and Amarillo Boulevard. Electrical service to these signals is expected next week, as well.
- The west turnaround lane at Bell and I-40 will be closed periodically for repairs.
- On I-40, various lanes of the frontage roads will be closed for strip seal operations from Georgia Street to Coulter Street in both directions. Also expect various ramp closures as crews seal through entrance and exit ramps.
- On SL 335 (Soncy Road), the left lane will be closed in both directions from Hillside Road to 45th Avenue for delineation on the new center.
- On I-27 northbound, crews will be patching the right lanes from Moss Lane to 26th Avenue as well as various lanes along the frontage roads.
Remember to use caution when traveling through all work areas.