AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - The list of Amarillo lane closures for this week includes some high-traffic areas that could make your commute more difficult.
- On State Loop 335 (Soncy), expect right lane closures from 34th Avenue to 45th Avenue in both directions as workers place new signal poles.
- The right lane of the eastbound I-40 frontage road is closed 3/4 mile east of Eastern Street to the Whitaker Road exit ramp.
- The right lane of the eastbound I-40 frontage road is closed 3/4 mile east of Whitaker Road to the Lakeside Drive exit ramp.
- One lane of eastbound I-40 is closed 1/4 mile east of Airport Boulevard to east of Pullman Road.
- Bridge deck pour work at I-40 and Ross is scheduled for Wednesday, May 9 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Traffic will not be allowed to pass north or south under the bridge. The eastbound and westbound frontage roads will not be affected.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane on Soncy Road southbound from Amarillo Boulevard to the south side of I-40 to construct a third lane. This is a high-traffic volume area so motorists should anticipate delays and consider finding alternate routes as this work is expected to last for at least one more week.
- Various lanes will be closed along the I-40 frontage roads in both directions between Crockett Street and Whitaker Road for strip seal operations. Motorists should expect temporary ramp closures along these same areas while crews seal through both on- and off-ramps.
TxDOT asks that drivers use caution when traveling through work areas.