2-alarm fire at Amarillo hotel ruled accidental

2-alarm fire at Amarillo hotel ruled accidental

AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - A two-alarm fire at an Amarillo hotel has been ruled accidental.

Get the latest Amarillo news straight to your phone! Apple | Android

The fire started around 3:30 p.m. at the Civic Center Inn at 715 South Fillmore on the first floor and spread to the second floor.

Two people were in the room when the fire started, but they escaped without injuries.

Drivers have been asked to avoid the area at this time.

The fire has been ruled as accidental after officials say it was started by a candle falling onto a pile of clothes.

Officials say the fire caused around $27,000 worth of damage.

Copyright 2018 KFDA. All rights reserved.