AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - The Creative Arts Community at Amarillo College will host a series of panel discussing featuring successful creative arts professionals with a wide range of expertise.
The inaugural "Careers in the Creative Arts" panel discussion will be on Wednesday, April 25 in the College Union Building Oak Room at the Washington Street Amarillo College Campus.
The event starts at 5:30 p.m. and will feature a question-and-answer session, drawings for coffee coupons and theater tickets and complimentary refreshments.
The panel is free and open to the public.
"We want to put more focus on careers in the creative arts," said Dean of Liberal Arts Vicky Taylor-Gore. "Our panelists will share their professional experiences and provide tips and inspiration. It's an excellent way for students who aspire to these professions to get a taste of the variety of opportunities presented by the creative arts from people who successfully make their living at it.
The panelists who will be at this discussion are:
- Steve Bargas, a front-end web developer at Computer Services, Inc. of Amarillo
- Ralph Duke, a longtime professional photographer in Amarillo.
- David Korevaar, a professor of piano at the University of Colorado - Boulder; graduate of the Julliard School
- Kelly Podzemny, the digital media coordinator with Texas Tech Health Sciences Center
- Jon Revett, a professional artist and professor of art at West Texas A&M University