AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - With the start of the new work week comes new lane closures that could make travel difficult for Amarillo residents.
- In both directions of the Interstate 40 corridor, various entrance and exit ramps will be closed between Coulter and Whitaker roads as crews perform patching repairs.
- Watch for various lane closures along the I-40 frontage roads from Soncy to Whitaker roads for fog seal and strip seal operations.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane on SL 335 (Soncy Road) southbound from BI-40 (Amarillo Blvd) to the south side of I-40 to construct a third lane. This is a high traffic volume area so motorists should anticipate delays and consider finding alternate routes as this work is expected to last for approximately three more weeks.
- Motorists should continue to expect right lane closures at 34th and 45th avenues along Soncy Road as work on traffic signals continue.
- Portions of Amarillo Boulevard will be reduced to one lane starting nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. as signal work continues.
TxDOT asks that drivers remain alert when driving in work zones.