AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - Election day is today and we have compiled a list of steps you need to take when you're heading to the polls.
Have an approved form of photo identification to show to a poll worker.
- Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
- United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s photograph
- United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States Passport (book or card)
If you have one of these, you will be allowed to vote immediately.
If you do not possess one of these forms of identification, make sure that you bring a supporting form of ID such as:
- copy or original of a government document that shows the voter’s name and an address, including the voter’s voter registration certificate;
- copy of or original current utility bill;
- copy of or original bank statement;
- copy of or original government check;
- copy of or original paycheck; or
- copy of or original of (a) a certified domestic (from a U.S. state or territory) birth certificate or (b) a document confirming birth admissible in a court of law which establishes the voter’s identity (which may include a foreign birth document).
If you've presented a supporting form of ID, you'll be required to fill out a Reasonable Impediment Declaration, on which you must list your reason for not having a valid photo ID.
It's important to note that as long as you have a supporting form of ID and are on the list of approved voters, the reasonableness of your impediment cannot be questioned and you will be allowed to vote.