AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - Northwest Texas Healthcare System and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, or BCBSTX, have announced a contract that aims to improve patient access to quality care.
The two companies have entered an agreement that marks the first time in 20 years that Northwest Texas Healthcare System has been a part of the BCBSTX network of providers.
The agreement will be effective on December 15, and it allows BCBSTX members in the Amarillo-area to receive in-network care at the following facilities:
- Northwest Texas Healthcare System
- The Freestanding Emergency Department at Town Square
- The Northwest Surgical Hospital on Soncy
- Northwest Texas Physician Group Clinics at Canyon
- The Urgent Care Clinics
- Women's and Children's Clinics
- JO Wyatt
- The Craig
- The Heart Hospital at Northwest
- The Children's Hospital at Northwest
- The Pavilion (Behavioral Health Hospital)
The agreement does not include Blue Advantage HMO (BAV) plan members.