AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - The Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals® study identifies hospitals and leadership teams that provide the highest level of value to their communities, based on a national balanced scorecard. This scorecard measures overall organizational performance across 11 key measures including patient care, operational efficiency and financial stability. The study has been conducted annually since 1993. This is the fourth time BSA has been recognized with this honor.
"The Truven Top 100 Hospitals® award is a reflection of BSA's ongoing commitment to provide outstanding care and improve healthcare outcomes while controlling costs," said Bob Williams, BSA President/CEO. "It's an honor to work alongside employees and physicians who create an environment that makes awards like this possible. Their commitment to our mission to provide quality healthcare in Christian love, service and dignity to every patient, every day is exceptional."
BSA Health System is an extensive healthcare system providing clinical excellence to the Texas Panhandle and the tri-state area. BSA is acclaimed for its superior quality and customer service. BSA is the fourth largest employer in Amarillo, with a medical staff of more than 450 physicians and 3,300 employees. BSA is an affiliate of Ardent Health Services, based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Based on the results of this year's study, if all Medicare inpatients received the same level of care as those treated in the award-winning facilities:
- Nearly than 89,000 additional lives could be saved
- Over 61,000 additional patients could be complication-free
- Over $5.6 billion in inpatient costs could be saved
- The average patient stay would decrease by half a day
- Over 300,000 fewer discharged patients would be readmitted within 30 days
- Patients would spend nine minutes less in hospital emergency departments per visit.