Some residents in northeast Amarillo were evacuated from their homes Thursday evening because of a two-alarm fire in their apartment complex.
Fire crews were called to the apartment complex at Bluebell and NE 13th around 8:30 p.m.
Five units were evacuated, but no injuries were reported.
The fire was under control in less than 20 minutes.
Fire officials said a malfunctioning wall heater sparked the flames.
There is no word on how much damage was caused at this time.
Copyright 2017 KFDA. All rights reserved.
Weather Outlook for Friday, Dec. 15
Amy Parham should be celebrating the end of finals week right now, but instead she's going through what's left of her home in Fritch.
It is a big world that we live in. Billions of people share this planet together, and events occur every single day that make the news.
Screening for colorectal cancer, which is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in the U.S., can now be done in the comfort of your own home at no cost.
Check out this week's events across the Panhandle!