AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - With holiday shopping beginning, the Westgate Mall has a few reminders to help residence enjoy a safe shopping experience.
- Plan to shop during daylight hours whenever possible and if you do have to shop at night, shop with a buddy.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash and showing it in public. Pay with debit/credit cards whenever possible.
- Ladies, keep an eye on your purses. Make sure they are tucked under your arm or held tightly.
- Carry wallets in your front pockets and remove unnecessary cards and belonging.
- Make a list of cards/account numbers in case they are stolen.
- Try to avoid crowded areas, they are a pickpocket's paradise.
- Keep an eye on your children and educate them on where to go and what to do if you become separated.
- Park in a safe place and as close to the entrance as possible.
- Do not hesitate to ask the shopping center security for an escort to your car if you feel unsafe.
- Remember where you parked your car. Be sure to lock it and hide your purchases when leaving the vehicle unattended.
- Make sure you are not overload your car with items that could impair your view.
"The holiday season is a time for celebration and out holiday safety tips are designed to keep safety top of mind for shoppers," general manger Brain Giffin said. "We want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable time at Westgate Mall this holiday season."