CLARENDON, TX (KFDA) - Bishop Patrick J. Zurek blessed and dedicated a new Parish Hall for St. Mary's Church in Clarendon on Sunday.
The new Parish Hall is the first new structure on the St. Mary's campus in 117 years. The last new building at the church was a Catholic School that was dedicated in 1899 but closed down in 1911 due to a typhoid epidemic. The building was dismantled in 1918 and sold for lumber.
The new Parish Hall is 6,750 square feet and will house Faith Formation classrooms, offices, a library, kitchen, and seating for up 208 for meals.
St. Mary's Church is the oldest Catholic Church in the Diocese of Amarillo.