AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) -
As we get ready to start a new work week, here's a look at some area lane closures to make your commute through Amarillo easier this week.
- Beginning at 12 a.m., on Tuesday, Oct. 18, the eastbound I-40 ramp connecting to southbound I-27 will close to traffic overnight. I-40 traffic wanting to access southbound I-27 will be detoured north around the work zone into downtown Amarillo to reconnect with I-27. The ramp will reopen to traffic at 12 p.m. Tuesday.
- Various lane closures Monday — Thursday (Oct. 17-20) on northbound I-27, from 45th Street to the Washington Street bridge for road surface repairs.
- Various lane closures Monday — Thursday (Oct. 17-20) on eastbound I-40, from Western Street to Washington Street for road surface repairs.
Ongoing construction projects:
- At I-27 and I-40 interchange, I-27 southbound traffic is reduced to one lane past 26th Avenue overpass.
- At I-40 and LP 335 (Soncy Road), expect intermittent closure of east turnaround for retaining wall construction. I-40 main lanes are reduced to one lane in each direction. I-40 frontage roads are reduced to one lane in each direction between Soncy Road and Helium Road.
- On LP 335, between I-27 and Washington, traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction, 4-way stop at Georgia Street and temporary signals in place at Western Street. Expect lane diversions and traffic delays.
- On US 60 (Pierce Street), between 4th Street and 9th Street in downtown Amarillo, left lane is closed for hotel, business and parking garage construction.
- On US 60 (Buchanan Street), between 9th Street and 4th Street in downtown Amarillo, left lane is closed for hotel, business and parking garage construction.
Slowdown in work zones. All projects are subject to change because of weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.
For more information, call TxDOT Public Information Officer Dianah Ascencio at (806) 748-4472.
Copyright 2016 KFDA. All rights reserved.