AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - As we get ready to start a new work week, projects by the City of Amarillo's Capital Projects & Development Engineering Department and TxDOT will cause several lane closures.
There will be various I-40 lane closures to allow crews to safely make bridge deck repairs and patching from Eastern Street to Pullman Road.
TxDOT is also ready to start an overnight road closure along the I-27/I-40 Interchange. Beginning at 7 p.m., from Monday, Aug. 15 through Wednesday, Aug. 17, the eastbound I-40 ramp connecting to southbound I-27 will close to traffic overnight.
I-40 traffic wanting to access southbound I-27 will be detoured north around the work zone into downtown Amarillo to reconnect with I-27. The ramp will reopen to traffic by 7 a.m. each day.
The City of Amarillo is set to begin the final phase of the 45th Avenue Water Main Replacement Project.
Starting on Monday, a 12-inch water main will be replaced with 16-inch pipe along 45th avenue -- between Virginia street and McCarty boulevard. Traffic will be down to one lane in each direction, but there will still be access to I-27.
This is expected to be complete November 1st.
Ongoing construction projects:
- At I-27 and I-40 interchange, I-27 southbound traffic is reduced to one lane past 26th Avenue overpass.
- At I-40 and LP 335 (Soncy Road), expect intermittent closure of east turnaround for retaining wall construction. I-40 main lanes are reduced to one lane in each direction. I-40 frontage roads are reduced to one lane in each direction between Soncy Road and Helium Road.
- On LP 335, between I-27 and Washington, traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction, 4-way stop at Georgia Street and temporary signals in place at Western Street. Expect lane diversions and traffic delays.
- On US 60 (Pierce Street), between 4th Street and 9th Street in downtown Amarillo, left lane is closed for hotel, business and parking garage construction.
- On US 60 (Buchanan Street), between 9th Street and 4th Street in downtown Amarillo, left lane is closed for hotel, business and parking garage construction.
- On I-40 westbound frontage road, right lane is closed east of Coulter Street for renovation of Amarillo ISD building.
All projects are subject to change because of weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.
For more information, call TxDOT Public Information Officer Dianah Ascencio at (806) 748-4472.