AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) -
Various lane closures are scheduled for the next few weeks to allow crews to safety make roadway repairs. Roadways included are:
- Aug. 1 - Westbound Loop 335 closure, from Grand to Washington Street
- Aug. 2 - Left and center eastbound I-40 mainlanes, from Pullman Street to US 287 split
- Aug. 3 to 9 - Left and center I-40 westbound mainlanes, from Eastern to Coulter Streets
- Aug. 10 & 11 - Left and center eastbound I-40 mainlanes, from Western to Washington Streets
- Aug. 12 to 16 - Southbound right and center I-27 mainlanes, from Washington to 45th Streets
- Aug. 17 - Southbound right I-27 mainlane, from Hillside to Bell Street
Ongoing construction projects:
- At I-27 and I-40 interchange, I-27 southbound traffic is reduced to one lane past 26th Avenue overpass.
- At I-40 and LP 335 (Soncy Road), expect intermittent closure of east turnaround for retaining wall construction. I-40 main lanes are reduced to one lane in each direction. I-40 frontage roads are reduced to one lane in each direction between Soncy Road and Helium Road.
- On LP 335, between I-27 and Washington, traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction, 4-way stop at Georgia Street and temporary signals in place at Western Street. Expect lane diversions and traffic delays.
- On US 60 (Pierce Street), between 4th Street and 9th Street in downtown Amarillo, left lane is closed for hotel, business and parking garage construction.
- On US 60 (Buchanan Street), between 9th Street and 4th Street in downtown Amarillo, left lane is closed for hotel, business and parking garage construction.
- On I-40 westbound frontage road, right lane is closed east of Coulter Street for renovation of Amarillo ISD building.
All projects are subject to change because of weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.
Copyright 2016 KFDA. All rights reserved.