AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - More than two dozen firefighters responded to a fire that destroyed the garage of an Amarillo home Thursday afternoon.
The Amarillo Fire Department says the fire began around 2:00 p.m. at home in the 3600 block of NE 22nd Ave. The fire also spread to a neighboring home, causing limited damage to the exterior.
Officials believe downed power lines could have provided the initial spark for the fire. Both homes were unoccupied at the time.
Firefighters say they were able to control the fire within 30 minutes. No injuries are being reported.