Heat lamp in chicken coop ignites grass fire - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

Heat lamp in chicken coop ignites grass fire

Amarillo, TX (KFDA) - About an acre of land was destroyed in a grass fire Tuesday afternoon.
     
The Potter County Fire Department was dispatched to Patrick Pass after reports of a fire.

Fire Marshal Richard Lake says the fire started because a heat lamp was left in a chicken coop.
   
The coop caught fire and the fire spread to the grass and a nearby storage building.

Powered by Frankly