Pampa house fire kills teenage boy - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

Pampa house fire kills teenage boy

Pampa, TX - A teenage boy died in a house fire in Pampa. When the fire department arrived on scene the house was engulfed in flames.

The fire department was unable to enter the home when they first arrived because of the amount of fire present at the time. Fire Chief, Kim Powell, said witnesses told them a boy trapped inside. "There were people outside of the structure telling us that there was someone still inside," Powell said. "We went inside and sure enough there was a young man who had perished in the fire." 

Firefighters were unable to rescue the victim but four others were able to make it out of the house safely. A neighbor said once he and his wife saw the fire they rushed outside to help, but the fire department had the fire under control. He did not know the victim but said he was a nice boy.

Powell said the fire department had gained control of the fire by 6:00 a.m. The State Fire Marshal's Office has completed their investigation and have ruled the fire accidental. They believe the fire started in the kitchen because someone was cooking.

An autopsy has been ordered for the victim and Powell says the house is considered a total loss.

Powered by Frankly