Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE UBM Electronics
CIOs from Royal Caribbean Cruises, ConocoPhillips, UL and GE Capital Will Help Guide InformationWeek's Strategy and Direction
SAN FRANCISCO, July 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech's InformationWeek, the leading media brand serving the business technology community, announced that it has bolstered its Editorial Advisory Board with the addition of four new members. The Advisory Board now consists of 17 senior executives who help InformationWeek identify and shape the brand's strategy and direction. As InformationWeek continues to grow and evolve its portfolio, the Advisory Board provides editors with unrivaled insight into the issues and trends that are shaping business technology today.
The new Advisory Board members are:
- Bill Martin, VP and CIO, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. A 27-year cruise industry veteran, Martin is responsible for IT covering both the shore side business systems as well as the innovative guest systems onboard the ships. Royal Caribbean Cruises includes Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, Pullmantur (Spain), and Croisieres De France cruise brands. The company operates 40 modern vessels worldwide with a guest capacity of more than 94,500. Royal Caribbean's technology department delivers industry-leading solutions for both guests and travel agents, providing access to state-of-the-art business systems and engaging on-board guest technology.
- Christian Anschuetz, Senior VP and CIO, UL (Underwriter Laboratories) Anschuetz works with executive management to establish IT strategies, goals and priorities and provide senior leadership on key technology initiatives in the areas of enterprise resource planning, business process automation, computer systems validation, and electronic communications for UL. UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in sustainability, renewable energy and nanotechnology. Anschuetz has helped reenergize the 116-year-old, global enterprise with a new vision for the future that includes enterprise-scale modernization, technology innovations, three-fold revenue growth, and has built IT into the cornerstone for the company's massive transformation initiative.
- Jim Fowler, CIO, GE Capital. Fowler has nearly 20 years of IT experience, including 14 years with several different GE businesses. He is responsible for developing and delivering simple and consistent global business processes digitized through information technology. Fowler is a member of GE's Information Management Council and an active participant in driving the direction of GE's commercial digital strategy.
- Mike Pfister, CIO, ConocoPhillips. Pfister has more than 32 years of technology management experience. ConocoPhillips was the number two company in the 2013 InformationWeek 500 ranking. ConocoPhillps is the world's largest independent exploration and production company, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. It has operations and activities in 27 countries, with approximately 18,400 employees.
"We are honored to be working with such a stellar group of IT executives and leaders," said Rob Preston, VP and Editor In Chief, InformationWeek. "Our community members are our highest priority, and the extraordinary experience and expertise of our board members are vital to the future direction of InformationWeek."
The new CIOs join InformationWeek's existing board members:
- Dave Bent, Senior VP of IT, Avnet
- Robert Carter, Executive VP and CIO, Fedex
- Michael Cuddy, VP and CIO, Toromont Industries
- Laurie Douglas, Senior VP and CIO, Publix Super Markets
- Dan Drawbaugh, CIO, UPMC
- Jerry Johnson, Retired CIO, Pacific Northwest National Labs
- Kent Kushar, VP and CIO, E.&J. Gallo Winery
- Jason Maynard, Managing Director, Wells Fargo Securities
- Randall Mott, CIO, General Motors
- Steve Phillips, Senior VP and CIO, Avnet
- M.R. Rangaswami, Founder, Sand Hill Group
- Manjit Singh, Head of Vertical Consulting, CPG, Retail, Hospitality, Box Consulting
- David Smoley, CIO, AstraZeneca
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology communities through live events, online properties and custom services. UBM Tech's community-focused approach provides its users and clients with expertly curated research, education, training, community advocacy, user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities that serve the Electronics, Security, Enterprise IT and Communications, Network Infrastructure and Applications, Game and App Developers, and Tech Marketing communities. UBM Tech's brands include Black Hat, DesignCon, EE Times, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), HDI, InformationWeek, and Interop. Create, a UBM Tech full range marketing services division, includes custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs based on its content and technology market expertise. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com/.
For more information on UBM Tech please contact:
Winnie Ng, VP of Marketing
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140707/124628
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.