Cigarette sparks apartment fire - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports

Cigarette sparks apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
Amarillo, TX -
Over 20 firefighters battle a blaze at the Belwood Apartments in Southwest Amarillo.
Eight trucks responded just before 2 a.m. on Saturday. 

Crews say a cigarette that was thrown out in a bathroom on the second floor of the complex caused the fire.  

It's estimated over $5,000 of damage was done, but those who were living there were able to escape with out any injuries.