Amarillo, TX - The Amarillo Police Department wrapped up a four month investigation of a fatal hit and run.
Last November, police arrested and charged a 15-year-old driver for hitting and killing Amarillo resident Geoffrey Slover on November 10.
Police arrested and charged the passenger who is said to have been with her at the time of the hit and run on Thursday. Police charged 20-year-old Austin West with criminally negligent homicide, tampering with evidence and accident involving injury or death.
Cpl. Jerry Neufeld said West received those charges because he was responsible for the underage and unlicensed driver. "He allowed this female to drive the car. He had control and care of the car. He allowed an unlicensed driver to drive this vehicle, so he allowed her to do this," said Cpl. Neufeld. "And then he attempted to hide the evidence, hide any of the evidence that she would have been driving the vehicle or the vehicle itself. He definitely was involved in it and we believe we have enough evidence to prove that."
West was booked into the Randall County Jail Thursday on the three felony charges.
Madison Alewel - NewsChannel 10
Anthony James Lane suspected to be by the FBI to be the "Barrel chested bandit" went in front of an Arizona district court judge today for a change of plea hearing. Lane was arrested for 11 bank robberies across 5 different states including two in Amarillo. "The FBI became aware of the barrel chested bandit on August 24th when he is believed to have robbed a bank in Arizona and he then proceeded to rob several more banks across Texas, new M...
Even though millennial's only make up roughly 13 percent of the U.S. population, they make up 30 percent of U.S. home-buyers.
Firefighters at stations across Amarillo are measuring their fitness abilities in a new way, after 15 years on the same program.
Authorities say two children were killed and three others were critically injured Saturday night following a rollover crash north of Amarillo.
The Amarillo Fire Marshal's Office has determined that a space heater in a bedroom was the cause of a house fire this morning.